Not one for slaving hours in the kitchen, I love one-pot/pan meals. I was preparing some fish for Amelia on Sunday, and it evolved into my lunch – I made her something else, don’t worry.
I call it Tracy’s Hake parcel in a dish for one.
· 1 (or 2) pieces of Hake fish (cut of your choice – I used fillets, they were on special at Shoprite)
· 2 potatoes washed and cut into wedges
· Handful of cherry tomatoes halved
· Handful of sugar snaps (or baby peas in a pod)
· 2-3 cocktail onions quartered (or sliced if you prefer)
· Olive oil
· Salt and pepper
· Your favourite fish herbs and spices**
** I also don’t like Ina Paarman’s fish spice, so I used some lemon juice, parsley, marjoram and Mediterranean vegetable spice by Robertson spices.
I use a microwave-oven-grill combo. So adapt your cooking time.
Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
Place fish in small ovenproof dish. Add your herbs and spices and rub into fish.
Place potato wedges, halved tomatoes, onions and peas around fish.
Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle some Mediterranean vegetable spice over the veggies
Use bake/micro combo at 200 degrees for 15 minutes, and grill for further 10 mins.
P.S I tried it the 2 nights ago with Ina Paarman’s Coriander Pesto – DEVINE!